Our underage events are GROWING and we need ANOTHER Events Producer to make them happen!
- Role Events Producer - Dance Parties and Queer Formals
- Status Part Time - 3 days per week
- Days Monday - Wednesday with occasional weekend hours.
- Length 1 year with opportunity for renewal
- Locations Minus18 - Collingwood Office will include some travel
- Reports to CEO
- Rate $27.26 / hour + Super
Minus18 LGBTIQ Events are growing! If successful, you’ll work with another Event Producer to coordinate the Melbourne Queer Formal in April 2018. From here, you’ll be responsible for producing Minus18 Dance Events and Queer Formals each school holidays.
Our events are a unique, inclusive and safe space for LGBTIQ young people - especially young people who are queer, intersex, transgender, people of colour, or who have a disability. You’ll need to show us that you have the passion and experience for growing this awesome culture.
- Valid Victorian Drivers License (strongly recommended - but flexible)
- Valid Victorian Working With Childrens Check
- Successful Police Background Check
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work alongside a team of staff and volunteers to produce exciting and inclusive LGBTI youth dance events, formal events and fundraising events.
- Manage your own events budget.
- Book artists and coordinate activities for Minus18 events.
- Mentor and coordinate youth volunteers so they can grow and learn event production.
- Provide advice and support to young people to create smaller social get togethers.
- Seek sponsorship opportunities to unlock future projects and events.
- Set the tone and culture of our events - create and implementing inclusion strategies to ensure all young people feel safe, supported and included.
- Develop and maintain relationships with venues, artists, suppliers and sponsors.
- Develop rosters, event plans, risk plans and coordinate briefings and debriefings.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to reach even more young people through development of Social Media strategies and eDMs.
- Support the vibrant, positive and collaborative culture of Minus18 as a youth driven organisation.
- Ensure compliance with funding guidelines and safety requirements.
Key selection criteria
- Lived experience and connection to LGBTI youth and social change.
- Experience producing music or dance events. Bonus if these are for an underage audience.
- Strong understanding of creating inclusive environments for people with a disability and people of colour.
- Highly organised, self driven with a keen attention to detail.
- A love for live music and dance talent, fostering relationships and booking new talent.
- Demonstrated marketing / promotional experience and ability to speak with a youth voice.
- Ability to work collaboratively with young people, inspire others and cool under pressure.
- Connection to diverse identities within the LGBTI community, including people of colour, people with a disability, and people from regional and rural areas.
- A copy of your CV
- A cover letter responding to each key selection criteria (max 2 pages - please use each criteria as its own header)
- A short, 30 - 60 second video introducing yourself - recorded on your phone is fine.
Closes: 5PM Sunday 25th of Feb 2018
- EventsZProducerZ-ZMinus18.pdf (125 Downloads)