The Minus18 Queer Formal is BACK, bigger than ever and presented by Instagram
Queer Formal? It’s a night for you to be your true self. Wear what you want, bring the date you want, and spend the night celebrating with other beautiful queer folk.
And this year, we’ve joined forces with Instagram Australia to ensure the Melbourne edition of the Minus18 Queer Formal is the most spectacular one yet.
Instagram is committed to making their platform the safest and kindest place to connect, and they’ll be presenting the event in its most magical way to date, with plenty of wow factor to share the celebration!
We cannot WAIT to see you all, and to have St Kilda Town Hall transformed into the most wonderfully queer party going around.
All the info? It’s below. Keep reading. Keep getting excited.
♥ Minus18 and Instagram ♥
Melbourne Minus18 Queer Formal presented by Instagram
- Saturday 6 April
- 5pm - 10pm
- St Kilda Town Hall
- Food, drinks and good times provided
A little more about tickets
- All tickets are gloriously FREE
- One ticket booking per person
- If you find out you’re unable to attend, please un-register your spot via Eventbrite so someone else can attend
- 500 tickets available
- No allocated seating or tables – the vibes at this formal are casual, and primed for friend-making
- Ages 13 to 19 only
- Full line up of performers and DJs announced soon!
- Our pals at Instagram have some AMAZING things planned. Stay tuned, friends.
- Chill-out zone
- QTPoC room/dance floor: R&B vibes
- Station pick-up and drop off
- Completely drug, alcohol and smoke-free zone
- Youth workers
- NOTE: Word on the street is that the Sandringham line will be down on the night of the formal. If you’re PT-ing and don’t fancy the bus, the 3, 16, 67 and 78 trams will get you to St Kilda Town Hall.
And lastly – make sure you're following the Queer Formal Facebook event to make sure you don't miss out on any announcements. Same goes for Insta!
We'll see you on 6 April!