How do you create a queer-friendly workplace?
Minus18 (that's us!) are offering a free workshop to help professionals and businesses understand different identities, build empathy, and create safe and more inclusive spaces for queer and gender diverse people – whether they're part of the team, or clients.
Key takeaways for workshop attendees
- An understanding of diverse sexes, sexuality and gender identity.
- Learn the barriers faced by LGBTIQ people (i.e accessing services).
- Understand LGBTIQ experiences through personal narrative and stats.
- Practical steps to create an inclusive service / school / environment.
- Opportunity to engage with expert LGBTIQ presenters in a Q&A.
Why offer a workshop like this?
We know that often within workplaces, knowledge regarding how to support colleagues and clients who identify as LGBTIQ can vary wildly.
And even if you know that your business or team want to champion language and sensitivities around diverse identities, it can be difficult to know where to start.
This free interactive 90 minute workshop will include an overview on definitions, insight into some of the challenges faced by the LGBTIQ community, along with practical toolkit of ways in which you can your show support.
The workshop will be run by two highly-trained Minus18 facilitators, with lived experience of the topics covered.
The event will conclude with a panel discussion featuring members of the Darebin community who are championing inclusion.
This free event is funded by the City of Darebin LGBTIQ Community Grants.
- Ramps leading to the venue
- Lift access to rooms
- All-gender bathrooms
- Auslan interpreter available