Join us on IDAHOBIT for the launch of our new book: Young & Queer
Celebrate IDAHOBIT with the (free!) launch of Young & Queer, a new book by Minus18 featuring stories of what it's like to be young and queer in Australia, right now.
Friday May 17 is IDAHOBIT: International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia. All around Australia (and the world!) schools, workplaces and organsations will be hosting events, large and small, to stand in solidarity with the LGBTIQ community.
At Minus18? After a huge day of events, celebrations and fundraising, we'll be heading to Schoolhouse Studios for the launch of our new book: Young & Queer.
We asked the Minus18 youth to answer the question: what does it actually meant to be young and queer in Australia today? They answered, and did so unabashedly as themselves. Young & Queer is a celebration of them and their stories.
The launch of Young & Queer will feature gorgeous photographs by Alexis Desaulniers-Lea, of the young people featured in the book, along with an acoustic performance by Sienna Rose, and party-starting tunes via DJ Gay Dad.
- Where: Schoolhouse Studios – 81 Rupert Street, Collingwood, Victoria
- When: Friday 17 May (IDAHOBIT!)
- What time: 6pm to 8.30pm
- Tickets include light snacks by STREAT, with drinks available at bar prices
- Choose to pre-purchase a copy of Young & Queer for $16 (book will be available for $20 on the night)
- This is an 18+ event
What else is happening on the night?
- Exhibition of gorgeous photographs by Alexis Desaulniers-Lea, featured in Young & Queer
- Young people reading their own stories from Young & Queer
- Acoustic performance by Sienna Rose
- DJ Gay Dad
Minus18 acknowledges the Wurundjeri people as the traditional custodians of the country where we work and their continuing connection to land, waterways and community. We pay our respects to their Elders and all Kulin nations people past, present and future.