The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for building awareness for and engagement with Minus18 across our audiences; including our digital platforms and tools, including social media, EDMs, Adwords / SEO, and creative content production.
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, GLBTI & Sexual Health, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 28 November, 2018.
Applications close: 16 December, 2018.
- Status Full time
- Days Monday - Friday
- Length 1 year with opportunity for renewal
- Location Minus18 - Collingwood Office in Melbourne
- Reports to General Manager
- Salary $65,068 package ($30.50 / hour + Generous Salary Packaging)
- Other 9.5% Super + equipment allowances
Application: Download the PDF
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the content and design for Minus18 marketing including EDMs, website content and social media posts.
- Coordinate and help to recruit volunteers and influencers to support marketing initiatives;
- Coordinate and meet targets relating to the generation and retention of leads relating to program and revenue generation, including Event Participants, Donors, eCommerce sales, Workshop Sales.
- Coordinate Google Adwords, social advertising, website content and SEO to ensure donation, workshop enquiries and sales revenue streams are optimised;
- Communicate directly with donors, handle donation processes and show our appreciation to them.
- Coordinate the growth of the email database and optimise for customer segments
Brand and Creative Coordination
- Coordinate the Minus18 online presence to ensure community sentiment is in line with our values.
- Book marketing and promotional services for events and projects, such as photographers, designers and videographers.
- Maintain and file brand assets, including photo libraries and brand guidelines.
- Report on your role and provide support in other tasks, as directed by the General Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, or other related discipline.
- Experience and skills in managing Google Adwords, Facebook and Instagram Advertising.
- An understanding and application experience in CSS, HTML, SEO and Google Analytics.
- Strong experience in EDMs including Mailchimp.
- A love of all things digital, and gets what it means for a brand to have personality.
- A portfolio in either graphic design, web development, copywriting or social content creation.
- Is self driven, and ready to take an idea and nurture it from start to finish.
- A strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Strong written, verbal and interactive communication skills.
- A connection to and lived experience supporting LGBTIQ young people.
- A creative personality that gets our vibrant, affirming brand and youth culture.
The chosen candidate will need to successfully complete a Working with Children Check and a successful Police Background Check.
How to Apply for this Job:
- A copy of your CV
- A cover letter responding to each key selection criteria (max 2 pages - please use each as a header)
- A brief folio of either graphic design, web development, copywriting, or content creation.
- A short, 30 - 60 second video introducing yourself - recorded on your phone is fine.
Early applications encouraged.
We work with a diverse range of young people and audiences at Minus18. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people who are neurodivergent or living with a disability and people from all parts of the LGBTIQ community.
- Minus18_Marketing_Coordinator.pdf (53 Downloads)