Want to join the Minus18 QTPoC crew? Become a volunteer and help support LGBTIQ youth & the community through diversity and inclusion!
What is a volunteer role?
Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation, helping to deliver our events and create safe spaces for LGBTIQ youth. This rewarding experience is a great way to meet other like-minded community members, develop life-long skills and participate in unforgettable moments for thousands of queer attendees.
If you are between the ages of 16 - 25, with a passion for supporting LGBTIQ youth and inclusion - then this role is right for you!
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Advocacy & Events
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Position posted on: 11 February, 2019.
Applications close: 20 February, 2019.
- Status Casual
- Days, 1 day between Monday - Friday
- Length 1 year
- Location Minus18 - Collingwood Office in Melbourne
- Reports to Volunteer Coordinator
- Lead the QTPoC space at all events
- Sourcing resources suitable for youth
- Educate young people and the community about what it means to be QTPoC
- Advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Creating policies and procedures along side our Staff
What we are looking for:
- A passion for supporting LGBTIQA+ youth
- A passion for diversity and inclusion
- Flexible availability, come into the Minus18 office 1-2 days a fortnight
- Between 16 - 25 year of age
- Desire to engage with the queer community
- Understanding or lived experience of the QTPoC community
Note: A working with children's check is required upon success.
We work with a diverse range of young people and audiences at Minus18. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people who are neurodivergent or living with a disability and people from all parts of the LGBTIQ community.