Want to join the Minus18 Merch crew? Become a volunteer and help support LGBTIQ youth & the community through rainbow PRIDE!
What is a volunteer role?
Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation, helping to deliver our events and create safe spaces for LGBTIQ youth. This rewarding experience is a great way to meet other like-minded community members, develop life-long skills and participate in unforgettable moments for thousands of queer attendees.
If you are between the ages of 18 - 25, with a passion for supporting LGBTIQ youth - then this role is right for you!
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Advocacy & Sales
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Position posted on: 11 February, 2019.
Applications close: 20 February, 2019.
- Status Casual
- Days, 1 day per week between Monday - Friday
- Length 1 year
- Location Minus18 - Collingwood Office in Melbourne
- Reports to Volunteer Coordinator
- Lead the online PRIDE store
- Pack and post all online orders
- Invoice customers
- Handle all online store enquiries
- Be the face of Minus18 at event stalls
What we are looking for:
- Strong passion in supporting LGBTIQA+ youth
- Flexible availability, come into the Minus18 office 1 day a week (2-3 hours)
- Between 18 - 25 year of age
- Desire and confidence to engage with the queer community
- Hold a current drivers license (to be able to drive to event stalls with Merch)
Note: A working with children's check is required upon success.
We work with a diverse range of young people and audiences at Minus18. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people who are neurodivergent or living with a disability and people from all parts of the LGBTIQ community.