Want to join the Minus18 Youth Workers crew? Become a volunteer and help support LGBTIQ youth & the community through direct youth support!
What is a volunteer role?
Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation, helping to deliver our events and create safe spaces for LGBTIQ youth. This rewarding experience is a great way to meet other like-minded community members, develop life-long skills and participate in unforgettable moments for thousands of queer attendees.
If you are between the ages of 25 - 30, with a passion for supporting LGBTIQ youth - then this role is right for you!
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Youth Support
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Position posted on: 11 February, 2019.
Applications close: 20 February, 2019.
- Status Casual
- Days, Event basis
- Length 1 year
- Location Minus18 - Collingwood Office in Melbourne
- Reports to Volunteer Coordinator
- Overall event youth support
- Oversee event policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Strong passion in supporting LGBTIQ youth
- Between 25 - 30 years of age
- Desire and confidence to engage with the queer community
- Hold relevant qualifications, Certificate IV in Youth Work
- Experience in LGBTIQ issues
- Awareness around mental health, specifically within the LGBTIQ community
Note: Relevant qualifications and a working with children's check is required upon success.
We work with a diverse range of young people and audiences at Minus18. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people who are neurodivergent or living with a disability and people from all parts of the LGBTIQ community.