Want to join the Minus18 Blog & Content crew? Become a volunteer, share your experiences and help support LGBTIQ youth & the community!
What is a volunteer role?
Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation, helping to deliver our events and create safe spaces for LGBTIQ youth. This rewarding experience is a great way to meet other like-minded community members, develop life-long skills and participate in unforgettable moments for thousands of queer attendees.
If you are between the ages of 13 - 25, with a passion for supporting LGBTIQ youth - then this role is right for you!
Work Type/s: Volunteer
Classification/s: Content writing
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Position posted on: 11 February, 2019.
- Status Casual
- Days, variable
- Length 1 year
- Location Minus18 - Collingwood Office in Melbourne
- Reports to Volunteer Coordinator
- Article writing for the Minus18 website
- Interviewing young people
- Creative writing
- Content production
- Social media
What we are looking for:
- Strong passion in supporting LGBTIQ youth
- Between 13 - 25 years of age
- Desire and confidence to engage with the queer community
- Experience in LGBTIQ issues
- Awareness around mental health, specifically within the LGBTIQ community
Note: Relevant qualifications and a working with children's check is required upon success.
We work with a diverse range of young people and audiences at Minus18. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people who are neurodivergent or living with a disability and people from all parts of the LGBTIQ community.