Volunteers are a vital part of the Minus18 crew – at events, behind the scenes, and online!
At the heart of Minus18's calendar of identity-celebrating events and activations is one SUPER important ingredient: an amazing team of young volunteers.
We're currently recruiting our next batch of volunteers, to become part of the Minus18 family and to help us bring some incredible, identity-affirming events to life throughout 2020.
A few things before you get started though!
- We're looking for volunteers aged between 18 and 25. In the past we've taken younger and older applicants, but have found that this age group best suits the needs of the roles – and the needs of the young people that we support!
- We're looking for all levels of commitment. Some roles require a day a week, some are events based. We're flexible with days of availability!
- Our office is in Collingwood for now. While our upstairs office is inaccessible, our events are always 100% accessible and many of the vollie tasks can be done remotely if need be!
- There will be a bi-monthly (once every two months) catch up to keep you in the loop about what's happening at Minus18 and give you a chance to give your feedback :)
Then APPLY, you wonderful human! Applications close: Sunday 24th November @ 5pm. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by November 27th 2019.
If you are a successful applicant, we would LOVE it if you could be available on the following dates to complete the recruitment process:
- Monday 2nd OR Tuesday 3rd December, for interviews.
- Friday 13th OR Tuesday 17th December, for volunteer induction.