Education Bookings Coordinator
Role: Education Bookings Coordinator
Status: Full time – 38 hours per week
Reports to: Relationships Team Lead
Location: Minus18 Office, at the Victorian Pride Centre, 79-81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC. This role may include working from home during COVID-19 and beyond.
Salary: $84,001 Salary Package (Non-PBI Equivalent) + Super - includes:
- $74,179 Base Pay
- Up to $7,384 in tax-savings via our offered charity salary packaging.
- $2,438 allowances and benefits
- $7,417 Super (10%)
Start date: February / March 2022
About the Position:
Minus18 delivers over 200 LGBTQIA+ education sessions each year, and this role builds the relationships and coordinates the admin process to bring them to life.
As the Education Bookings Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for nurturing and growing our Workshops & Training program - building relationships with schools, community organisations and corporate workplaces to engage them in our LGBTQIA+ Education Packages.
1. Bookings Process
In your role, you will be responsible for nurturing incoming enquiries from schools and workplaces, supporting them to select the best package for their needs and then converting them into paid or subsidised engagements. This requires strong administrative capabilities, as well as a keen attention to detail to ensure the booking information is captured and communicated.
2. Relationships & Building Revenue
Building new relationships and applying for grants will also be a core component to this role, as funding and new relationships allow us to provide LGBTQIA+ Workshops and Training free of charge to those who need them most - especially schools in regional and rural areas.
You’ll work within theRelationships Team to bounce ideas off and support one another. You’ll also work with the Education Team Lead to clearly communicate booking details and ensure a smooth handover for delivery.
This has been a core role at Minus18 since 2019. The person previously in this position has received an internal promotion (due to strong growth within our Education work) and will be available to assist with your training and induction.
Major Responsibility Areas
Bookings Process (50%)
- Nurture schools, community organisations and workplaces through every step of the booking process, and show them they are valued.
- Lead the administration of client bookings, including calendar invites, venue bookings, invoicing and travel arrangements to ensure a seamless handover of customer bookings.
- Share customer feedback with the Education Delivery Team to support the refinement of Workshop and Training packages.
Key Impact Indicators
- Client booking details, confirmations and reminders are recorded and communicated accurately.
- Enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and converted to bookings.
- The bookings process is executed in an effective and efficient manner with a high level of detail.
Relationship Building and Revenue (40%)
- Meet set revenue targets, through the sale of Workshop and Training Packages.
- Identify and apply for grant applications to provide these packages free of charge for schools and community groups.
- Build relationships with schools and community groups - particularly those in regional and rural areas - to encourage sign ups to free workshops and training sessions.
- Develop new relationships by working with the Marketing team to assist with website copy, social media ads and brochures, and attending networking events where relevant.
- Lead the retention of existing relationships, gathering client feedback to create return customers.
Key Impact Indicators
- Monthly targets are met in relation to Workshop and Training sessions booked via: Sales; Grants
- Sessions booked are in line with Access and Inclusion priorities, including clients in regions and rural areas.
- Client feedback is regularly collected and shared with the Education team.
Teamwork and Communication (10%)
- Work as a strong team player, provide support to other staff to drive our mission to champion LGBTQIA+ youth.
- Report regularly to the team on planning and outcomes.
- Provide support in other tasks, as directed by the Operations Manager
Key Impact Indicators
- Team members are supported and receive regular updates.
- Work is collaborative - inviting team members in when appropriate, and assisting others when needed.
- Work is regularly delivered on time, or it is communicated when this is not possible.
- Highly engaged in team cultural activities, and contributing to a positive work environment.
Stretch goal: Creation of cultural activities that inspire collaboration and/or team cohesion.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated qualifications and/or experience in business, marketing, sales, relationship building, target driven role or administrative customer service role.
- Strong understanding of customer service or relationship building.
- Strong experience working independently on administration functions
- Strong lived experience and understanding of diverse identities within the LGBTQIA+ community (including but not limited to trans/gender diverse, and/or people of colour).
- Demonstrated passion for Minus18’s mission to improve the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth and inspire social change.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A short pre-recorded video(max 5 min) introducing yourself, and briefly responding to the 5 key selection criteria - recorded on your phone is fine. Please ensure this is uploaded to a 3rd party service (such as Youtube, Dropbox, etc) and shared via URL, not as an attachment.
Please email this to email@example.com subject ‘Education Bookings Coordinator’. Please ensure only one email is sent.
Please note: Minus18 office is closed until January 10th, so any questions will be answered after this date.
- Pre-Recorded Interview: First round, you are asked to submit a pre-recorded introductory interview, responding to the key selection criteria.
- Live Interviews: Successful candidates will be invited to a number of live interviews with the team. These will be conducted face to face or online.
- Reference Check: Successful candidate will undergo a reference check.
- Child Safety Check: Successful candidate must undergo a successful Working With Children Check and Police Background Check.
Minus18 is committed to promoting and advancing equal opportunity for young people, especially young people in our strategic priority groups (People of Colour, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, and people with culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds). We encourage young people in our strategic priority groups to apply, and to let us know if any special assistance is required during the application process (including barriers to recording and uploading your video).
- Melbourne / Naarm
- Applications close
- 10pm Sunday 23 January 2022