Customer Service Assistance (eCommerce)
Role: Customer Service Assistant (eCommerce)
Hours: 9 to 15 hours per week. Occasional higher hours during peak periods.
- Minus18 office, Collingwood VIC
- This role may continue to work on site, within COVID-Safe guidelines, during restrictions. Supervision and training will take place via video calls, unless restrictions allow for face to face.
- NOTE: Minus18 is moving office to the Pride Centre in St Kilda at the end of 2020.
Rate of Pay: $34.78 per hour
Start Date: Training for this role will begin in the first two weeks of October 2020. We are looking for candidates who can start immediately.
Minus18 is Australia’s charity for LGBTQIA+ youth. We support LGBTQIA+ young people through events and online support, and provide fee for service LGBTQIA+ Inclusion workshops to schools, businesses and community organisations. Since 2011 we have supported more than 60,000 young people at events across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, and 100,000s via educational resources and workshops.
We’re a rapidly growing team of 9 staff and 20 volunteers doing big things - and we’d love for you to join us.
About the role
Minus18 hosts an eCommerce platform to send LGBTQIA+ inclusion resources throughout Australia. 100% of net proceeds raised through the platform go towards our work supporting LGBTQIA+ young people through events, education and campaigns.
The Customer Service Assistant is a key role within this process, working with the Marketing Coordinator to follow processes in responding to eCommerce customers, and fulfilling orders that are placed in the online store.
A typical week will be spread out over 2-3 days to ensure that enquiries are responded to promptly, and orders are mailed out no less than twice per week. During peak periods (May, June, August and November) the Customer Service Assistant will be required to work an additional day, and/or support a small number of volunteers to help fulfil orders.
The Customer Service Assistant will assist with counting inventory stock levels, ensuring the office is well supplied with stationary and labels, and send thank you packs to our donors. On occasion, and once COVID-19 restrictions ease, the Customer Service Assistant will also assist at in-person events, working alongside staff and volunteers to distribute LGBTQIA+ inclusion resources to new audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
Customer Enquiries and Orders
- Respond to all incoming customer requests, ensuring these are tagged and categorised according to procedure.
- Follow procedure to navigate actions arising from customer enquiries, including order generation, replacements and refunds.
- Alert customers to updates on their orders.
Order Fulfilment and Shipping
- Packing Minus18 Orders no less than twice per week, as orders come through the Minus18 website.
- Alerting Australia post to pick up orders from the Minus18 office.
- Work alongside a small team of Minus18 volunteers during peak periods (once COVID-19 restrictions lift).
- Packing Donor thank you packs, and sending these out to our supporters each month.
Inventory and Office Support
- Reorder eCommerce shipping stock when needed, including parcels, stickers, and other stationary.
- Count and keep up to date inventory and stock levels of merchandise, alerting the Marketing Coordinator when stock levels are low.
- Pack and organise Merchandise for other team activations as needed.
- Keeping a squeaky clean packing station and office area after each shift.
- Participate in the strong, youth-driven culture of Minus18, working positively with team members and volunteers.
- Engage in other actions and tasks as directed by the Operations Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
- Lived experience or strong connection to Minus18’s strategic priority demographics: People of Colour, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Communities, Culturally, Linguistically Diverse communities.
- Strong written communication skills, and ability to engage in positive and warm customer service.
- Ability to work within set procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work positively and quickly as part of a small team.
- Lived experience or strong connection to Minus18’s youth-driven culture and mission to empower LGBTQIA+ youth.
- While not required for this role, please let us know upon application if you have a valid Victorian drivers license and occasional access to a car.
- If successful, a Valid Victorian Working With Childrens Check (employee) and successful Police Background Check must be obtained before commencing.
- PRE-RECORDED INTERVIEW: Along with your CV, please send us a short self-recorded video, responding to the key selection criteria.
- ZOOM INTERVIEW: Successful candidates will be invited to a Zoom interview with the team.
- REFERENCE CHECK: Successful candidates will undergo a reference check.
- CHILD SAFETY CHECK: Successful candidates will undergo a Working With Children Check and Police Background Check.
So, let's do it!
To apply for this Melbourne-based role, please send us the following, before 5pm Sunday 27 September:
- A copy of your CV
- A short video (max 4 min) introducing yourself, and briefly responding to the 5 key selection criteria - recorded on your phone is fine. Please ensure this is uploaded to a third-party service (such as Youtube, Dropbox, etc) and shared via URL, NOT as an attachment.
Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘Customer Service Assistant’. Please ensure only one email is sent.
- Applications close
- 27 September 2020