Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Role: Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Status: Full Time 12 Month Max Term with possibility of extension or permanency
- Reports to: Marketing Team Lead
- Award: Level 4-4, Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award 2010
- Location: Minus18 Office, at the Victorian Pride Centre, 79-81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC.
- This role includes on-site, work from home and travel arrangements.
Salary: $92,435.80 Full Time Salary Package (Non-PBI Equivalent) + Super Includes:
- $83,486.00 Base Pay
- Up to $6,385.95 in tax-savings via our offered charity salary packaging
- $2,563.85 allowances and cash benefits
- + $8,766.03 Super (10.5%)
Start Date: ASAP
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Minus18 is Australia’s charity improving the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth. We support LGBTQIA+ young people through events and digital platforms, and provide fee for service LGBTQIA+ inclusion training to schools, businesses and community organisations.
The Marketing team is responsible for continuing to grow the visibility and awareness of Minus18’s critical work to all corners of the community, while maintaining close engagement with our loyal supporter base across social media and marketing platforms.
This position will work across, and communicate to, multiple audiences including youth, adults, workplaces, schools and donors, playing an integral part in the coordination and implementation of our Digital Marketing initiatives.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- End to end management of social media (organic & paid) accounts including graphic design, creating and maintaining content calendars and driving growth across multiple platforms and programs (eg. Youth event ticket registrations; Education Team booking enquiries)
- Community moderation
- Work with the Strategic Relationships Team and external stakeholders to assist with partnerships content and promotion
- Development of a Social Content Strategy for key audiences and key platforms across all teams Minus18
- Engaging with external creators including influencers, ambassadors and artists for the creation of content
- Attending Youth events to support in marketing priorities
Electronic Direct Mail (EDM)
- Creation of a schedule for our EDMs on Mailchimp
- Development of user journeys across audiences during campaigns
- Writing of content for multiple audiences (youth, adults, schools, workplaces, donors)
- Using analytics to devise improvements and strategies for growth
- Utilise your expertise in order to grow and develop current EDMs to ensure alignment with industry standards and practices
- Apply purpose driven and action oriented copywriting to assist in the development and creation of written content for our website across various audiences
- Work with website CMS to upload articles and updates
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Support in the creation, maintenance and development of content style guides
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position and or Tertiary qualification in marketing or a related discipline is desirable
- High level of proficiency of social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter,
- Experience in B2B and B2C marketing, email marketing and social media marketing
- Experience working with CMS platforms, social media scheduling platforms (eg. Buffer), Electronic Direct Mail platforms, Google Analytics, paid ad platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Meta Business Suite, Twitter)
- Proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated writing & editing skills and/or experience
- Experience writing for SEO is desirable
- Strong lived experience and understanding of diverse identities within the LGBTQIA+ community (including but not limited to trans/gender diverse, and/or people of colour).
- Demonstrated passion for Minus18's mission to improve the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth
Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, while other genders (and intersecting identities) tend to only apply when they check every box.
If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single criteria above, we would still love to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A short pre-recorded video (max 5 min) introducing yourself, and briefly responding to the 5 key selection criteria - recorded on your phone is fine. Please ensure this is uploaded to a 3rd party service (such as Youtube, Dropbox, etc) and shared via URL, not as an attachment.
Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role within the subject line.
Please ensure that only one email is sent.
APPLICATION CLOSE 7 DECEMBER 2022
Please note we will be conducting interviews before applications close
- Melbourne / Naarm
- Applications close
- 7 December 2022