Sponsorships & Partnerships Coordinator
- Role: Sponsorships & Partnerships Coordinator
- Status: Full Time time - 38 hours per week
- Reports to: Strategic Partnerships Team Lead
- Award: Level L4-4, Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award 2010
- Location: Minus18 Office, at the Victorian Pride Centre, 79-81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC. This is a hybrid role, including working from home for part of each week.
Salary: Starts at $92,836 Salary Package (Non-PBI Equivalent) + Super - includes:
- $83,881 Base Pay
- Up to $6,386 in tax-savings via our offered charity salary packaging.
- $2,569 allowances and cash benefits
- $8,807 Super (10.5%)
Start Date: End September / Early October 2022
About this position
The Sponsorship & Partnership Coordinator is responsible for the funding and support of Minus18 youth and community activities. This involved liaising with funding relationships to coordinating sponsorships, partnership and grants for youth events and youth programs to ensure they remain free for young people to attend.
- Queer Formal events across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, other in-person and digital events
- Minus18 Young Leaders program
- IDAHOBIT, Wear It Purple, and Trans Awareness Week Campaigns
You’ll work with an exciting variety of relationships in this role, from community organisations to big, global brands, including:
- Community Partners - such as Midsumma Festival, VicHealth and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Corporate Sponsors - such as Bonds, Converse & Quay
- Funding partners - including philanthropic, local and state Government.
This role works as a member of the Strategic Relationships Team, meeting regularly with peers and the Team Leader to share learnings, ideas and provide support to one another. The ideal candidate for this role is a nurturing team player and relationship builder who has a shining passion for our mission to improve the lives of LGBTQIA+ all across the country.
- The position has been an existing role at Minus18 since 2017. The person previously in this role has received a promotion to the Strategic Relationships Team Leader position, and will be your supervisor and trainer.
Major Responsibility Areas
Sponsorship & Partnerships (70%)
With support from the Strategic Relationships Lead, lead the acquisition of sponsorship, grants and funding across the Minus18 youth and community programs.
Co-create and coordinate sponsorship activations, with the Event Coordinator, that are accessible and engaging for our attendees.
Coordinate and develop the materials required by sponsors and funders for marketing and promotion.
Coordinate procedural and financial administration for partnership and sponsorship opportunities (including invoicing and agreements).
Coordinate the activation of partnerships within existing Minus18 programs - including sponsors within events and programs.
Key Impact Indicators
- Enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and converted to fundraisers and/or other key areas of the organisation.
- Key relationships return each year, and new relationships are sought when this is not possible.
- The partnership process is executed in an effective and efficient manner with a high level of detail.
- Meet set targets relating to revenue generation from partnerships and grants.
- Sponsorship activations are co-created with team members and authentically elevate the experience for our attendees and community.
- Provide detailed briefs and actively support the Marketing Team to jointly deliver on goals.
- Relationships receive regular communication, including impact reporting
The targets and KPIs set for this role are designed to be aligned with funded programs. Meeting these targets is rewarded with a modest increase in remuneration.
Exceeding these targets is considered exceptional performance, and is rewarded with a larger increase in remuneration.
2. Teamwork & Communication
Report weekly on revenue and partnership developments.
Celebrate and foster Minus18’s positive culture as a youth driven organisation.
Work as a strong team player, provide support to other staff, and drive the mission to support LGBTQIA+ youth.
Reflect, document and report quarterly on the impact of your role and partnership projects to the CEO.
Deliver on other areas of work, as directed by your Team Leader.
Key Impact Indicators
- Team members are supported and receive regular updates about your work. Others are invited into your work when appropriate, and assistance is offered to others when needed.
- Momentum of work is maintained, regularly delivered on time, or it is communicated when this is not possible, and requests for assistance are made.
- A patient and positive communicator who actively creates and participates through a positive team environment.
- Highly engaged in team cultural activities, and contributing to a positive work environment.
Key Selection Criteria
The ideal candidate has:
- Qualifications and/or experience in business, marketing, sales, relationship building, account management.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including experience with CRM processes.
- Strong experience working independently on administration functions with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated lived experience and understanding of diverse identities within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Demonstrated passion for Minus18's mission to improve the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth.
- A successful Police Background Check and Working With Children Check (WWCC) are required for this role. These can be obtained once an offer of employment is made, and before role commencement.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
We’ve provided a significant amount of information about this role to support your application process, and give you a full understanding of what you're applying for.
Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, while other genders (and intersecting identities) tend to only apply when they check every box.
If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single criteria above, we would still love to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A short pre-recorded video (max 5 min) introducing yourself, and briefly responding to the 5 key selection criteria - recorded on your phone is fine. Please ensure this is uploaded to a 3rd party service (such as Youtube, Dropbox, etc) and shared via URL, not as an attachment.
Please email this to email@example.com with subject ‘Sponsorships & Partnerships Coordinator’.
Please ensure that only one email is sent.
Applications Close 11pm Wednesday 17 August 2022
Pre-recorded Interview: First round, you are asked to submit a pre-recorded introductory interview, responding to the key selection criteria
Live Interview/s: Successful candidates will be invited to a live interview with the team. These will be conducted face to face or online
Reference Check: Successful candidates will undergo a reference check, Working With Children Check and Police Background Check.
Minus18 is committed to promoting and advancing equal opportunity for LGBTQIA+ people, especially LGBTQIA+ people in our strategic priority groups (People of Colour, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, and people with culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds). We encourage people in our strategic priority groups to apply, and to let us know if any special assistance is required during the application process (including barriers to recording and uploading your video).
Need assistance? JobAccess includes help finding work, changing jobs, accessing DES providers and workplace modifications to help you find / maintain employment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your questions
- Melbourne / Naarm
- Applications close
- 11pm 17 August 2022