Youth Events Coordinator
- Role: Youth Events Coordinator
- Status: Full time - 38 hours per week
- Reports to: Youth and Events Team Leader
- Award: Level 4, Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Location: Minus18 Office, at the Victorian Pride Centre, 79-81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda VIC. This role may include working from home during COVID-19 and beyond.
Salary $85,825 Salary Package (Non-PBI Equivalent) + Super - includes:
- $76,033 Base Pay
- Up to $7,384 in tax-savings via our offered charity salary packaging.
- $2,438 allowances and cash benefits
- + $7,603 Super (10%)
- Start Date August 2022
IN OUR WORDS
The Youth Events Coordinator is an exciting new role developed in response to the growth of Minus events for LGBTQIA+ youth.
Starting in 1998, our events provide young people with exciting life-affirming experiences, designed to improve mental wellbeing by making new friends and social connections.
Now, we’re launching the National Digital Events Program! This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating the program - hosting fortnightly digital events for LGBTQIA+ young people aged 12 - 19 from all over Australia. These events will include online music events, digital activities and livestreams across Zoom, Discord and Instagram.
Alongside the National Digital Events program, you will assist the Youth and Events team where needed in hosting in-person events, including at Midsumma Pride March in Melbourne, and attending annual Queer Formals across Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
To ensure Minus18 events reach LGBTQIA+ young people from across geographic regionals and all identities, you will maintain communication channels with young people and other community organisations across Australia. Through these channels, you’ll build relationships and brainstorm initiatives to reach and support more young people.
Event Program Coordination
- Plan and deliver events and spaces for LGBTQIA+ youth in line with the National Event Program outline and budget.
- Develop strong relationships with and book artists, performers, youth workers and contractors for events.
- Work with the Relationships Team to meet sponsor requirements for events.
- Develop feedback surveys for each event.
- Maintain a strong connection to upcoming LGBTQIA+ youth performers, and showcase them at Minus18 events.
- Assist the Youth & Event Team in hosting other events, including the Queer Formal and Young Leaders Events.
- Build relationships with other organisations around Australia, maintaining an internal database of these groups and their services.
- Develop promotion initiates with and for other community organisations to encourage sign up of young people from diverse identities to Minus18 youth programs and events.
- Lead the development of event sign ups and promotion with the Marketing Team, developing event copy and ticketing.
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- Demonstrated experience in planning and producing interactive events (in person or online)
- Experience planning and producing for digital platforms (e.g. Zoom, Instagram & Discord)
- Demonstrated communication skills, with experience building stakeholder engagement and relationships.
- Experience producing for and/or working with youth audiences.
- Lived experience and strong understanding of diverse identities within the LGBTQIA+ community.
You’ll also need
- A successful Police Background Check and a successful Working With Children Check (WWCC). These can be obtained once an offer of employment is made, and before role commencement.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A short pre-recorded video (max 5 min) introducing yourself, and briefly responding to the 5 key selection criteria - recorded on your phone is fine. Please ensure this is uploaded to a 3rd party service (such as Youtube, Dropbox, etc) and shared via URL, not as an attachment.
- Please email this to email@example.com with subject ‘Youth Events Coordinator’.
- Please ensure that only one email is sent.
- Melbourne / Naarm
- Applications close
- 11pm Sunday 10 July