C1: Creating LGBTQIA+ Inclusive Classrooms
Explore LGBTQIA+ identity, the barriers students face in everyday life, and empower staff with the tools to become inclusive leaders.
- Key concepts and definitions of sex, gender and sexuality.
- Evidence based barriers LGBTQIA+ students face at school and home.
- Practical tools to support LGBTQIA+ students and staff in the classroom and throughout the whole school.
- LGBTQIA+ lived-experiences via our expert workshop presenters as they talk about their personal journeys being LGBTQIA+.
- Online LGBTQIA+ inclusion training delivery method available as well as face-to-face.
- Up to 100 people
- Teachers, school staff, educators
- 60 - 90 minutes
- Get in touch
More about workshops
Simply put, students who feel safe and supported at school are more engaged and perform better academically.
Our experienced and trained presenters are here to help, whether it’s in response to a specific incident, supporting a student, empowering a Pride group or equipping teachers with best practices.
Minus18 comes to classroom, teacher team, or school assembly to deliver LGBTQIA+ inclusion and empowerment training that’s backed by the latest Australian research.
We interact and engage with our audiences in a variety of ways, however, participants are never required to share personal experiences during the session.
Yes! Minus18 has been delivering workshops in schools across Australia for over nine years, to over 10,000 students and teachers.
Our content is mapped to curriculum outcomes and specialised programs, including Respectful Relationships.
Our LGBTQIA+ student workshops and teacher training are priced competitively based on the cohort size, training duration and your location. We’re based in Melbourne, and can deliver training interstate or in regional areas.
Unlike other LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Training, booking with Minus18 means that 100% of the profits go towards programs that support LGBTQIA+ youth - including community events and school workshops.
Get in touch and our team can provide a quote in no time at all.
Our experienced and trained presenters Wilde, Max, Nix and Tessa have a fun and engaging approach – for both students workshops and teacher training.
“For those looking to bring LGBTQIA+ inclusion workshops to their school, your first step should be to get in touch with Minus18.”
Cameron Bacholer – Deputy Principal, Knox School
We measure our impact. In 2019:
- 95% of participants would recommend our talks and training to others
- 95% of participants felt better prepared to support their LGBTQIA+ peers afterwards.
- 91% of participants said their questions were answered by Minus18 presenters.
To ensure we can deliver the most engaging experience, we require that you provide the following:
- All participants must have their own chair
- Projector or TV Screen
- Computer connected to the screen with HDMI/VGA connections
- We also work best when a whiteboard is available.
School staff participating in LGBTQIA+ inclusion training will receive a professional development certificate to certify training completion.
C3: Victorian Schools Mental Health Menu (Teacher Training)
Access Minus18 workshops and training as an approved provider of LGBTQIA+ inclusion workshops for teachers and school staff on the Victorian Department of Education Schools Mental Health MenuMore information
B5: Victorian Schools Mental Health Menu (Student Workshops)
Access Minus18 workshops and training as an approved provider of LGBTQIA+ inclusion workshops for students on the Victorian Department of Education Schools Mental Health MenuMore information
B4: Assembly Speeches and Keynotes
Inspire your students, staff or parents with a keynote weaving together LGBTQIA+ personal narratives and empowerment.More information