C2: Supporting Trans & Gender Diverse Students
Learn about the spectrum of transgender and non-binary identity, and explore ways to actively create supportive school environments.
- The gender spectrum and definitions of varying gender identities.
- The lived experiences of trans and gender diverse students and staff.
- Australian-based research examining barriers and discrimination.
- The experiences and processes of medical and social gender transitioning.
- How to apply inclusive language and create positive, inclusive culture.
- The tools to build safe and inclusive experiences for staff and students.
- Online LGBTQIA+ inclusion training delivery method available as well as face-to-face.
- Up to 100 people
- Teachers, school staff, educators
- 60 - 90 minutes
- Get in touch
More about workshops
Simply put, students who feel safe and supported at school are more engaged and perform better academically.
Our experienced and trained presenters are here to help, whether it’s in response to a specific incident, supporting a student, empowering a Pride group or equipping teachers with best practices.
Minus18 comes to classroom, teacher team, or school assembly to deliver LGBTQIA+ inclusion and empowerment training that’s backed by the latest Australian research.
We interact and engage with our audiences in a variety of ways, however, participants are never required to share personal experiences during the session.
Yes! Minus18 has been delivering workshops in schools across Australia for over nine years, to over 10,000 students and teachers.
Our content is mapped to curriculum outcomes and specialised programs, including Respectful Relationships.
Our LGBTQIA+ student workshops and teacher training are priced competitively based on the cohort size, training duration and your location. We’re based in Melbourne, and can deliver training interstate or in regional areas.
Unlike other LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Training, booking with Minus18 means that 100% of the profits go towards programs that support LGBTQIA+ youth - including community events and school workshops.
Get in touch and our team can provide a quote in no time at all.
Our experienced and highly trained presenters Seb and Tessa have a fun and engaging approach – for both students workshops and teacher training.
“For those looking to bring LGBTQIA+ inclusion workshops to their school, your first step should be to get in touch with Minus18.”
Cameron Bacholer – Deputy Principal, Knox School
We measure our impact. In 2019:
- 95% of participants would recommend our talks and training to others
- 95% of participants felt better prepared to support their LGBTQIA+ peers afterwards.
- 91% of participants said their questions were answered by Minus18 presenters.
To ensure we can deliver the most engaging experience, we require that you provide the following:
- All participants must have their own chair
- Projector or TV Screen
- Computer connected to the screen with HDMI/VGA connections
- We also work best when a whiteboard is available.
School staff participating in LGBTQIA+ inclusion training will receive a professional development certificate to certify training completion.
B4: Assembly Speeches and Keynotes
Inspire your students, staff or parents with a keynote weaving together LGBTQIA+ personal narratives and empowerment.More information
B3: LGBTQIA+ Youth Empowerment Workshop
Equip your LGBTQIA+ students or Pride Group with the confidence and empowerment to help lead change within their community.More information
C0: Online LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Teacher Training
Any of our renowned teacher training sessions are available digitally. Live-stream and chat to our experienced facilitators – for teachers and educators anywhere in Australia.More information