A5: Trans Awareness Week Speaker (Live or Digital)
Trans Awareness Week – 13 to 19 November – is a chance to celebrate trans pride, and learn more about gender diversity. It's also a chance to take real action to support the trans and gender diverse community – and that starts with education! Book a speaker for your upcoming event for Trans Awareness Week.
- Context on Trans Awareness Week as a time of significance.
- Personal narrative of our expert presenters to build empathy within the team to the experiences of trans and gender diverse people including barriers and challenges.
- Current statistics around discrimination facing trans and gender diverse people.
- The importance of active allyship and practical tips for supporting trans and gender diverse people, friends, colleagues and clients.
- Minus18's life-affirming work as a charity championing LGBTQIA+ youth.
- Available for in-person or online engagements.
- Adults 18 and over; Any employee or volunteer
- 20 minutes (+optional 10mins Q&A add-on)
- Get in touch!
More about workshops
Simply put, workplaces have higher employee engagement and productivity when LGBTQIA+ people feel welcome and supported.
No matter your team’s current level of knowledge, we’re here to guide you to create LGBTQIA+ inclusion that makes your workplace better for everyone.
Minus18 will deliver in-person or online LGBTQIA+ training to your workplace that’s backed by the latest Australian research and best practices.
We interact and engage with our audiences in a variety of ways, however, participants are never required to share personal experiences during the session.
Our LGBTQIA+ professional training is priced competitively, based on the cohort size, training duration and your location. We’re based in Melbourne, and can deliver training interstate or in regional areas.
Unlike other LGBTQIA+ inclusion training, booking with Minus18 means that 100% of the profits go back to programs that support LGBTQIA+ youth, including community events and school workshops.
Get in touch and our team can provide a quote for you in no time at all.
Meet our experienced and highly trained presenters, Seb and Tessa!
"It was great to have Minus18 join us at Nike – they are fantastic presenters and storytellers. We would highly recommend Minus18 coming to talk with any business to help you with your own diversity and inclusion journey."
– Nike Australia
"Minus18 ran a transgender awareness workshop – we were moved, enlightened and engaged every minute of our time together. We unequivocally recommend Minus18 for any workplace (or group) ready to learn and be a part of making our world welcoming for everyone."
– St Martins Arts Centre
- 95% of participants recommend our talks and training to others.
- 95% of participants feel better prepared to support their LGBTQIA+ peers afterwards.
- 91% of participants say their questions were answered by Minus18 presenters.
To ensure we can deliver the most engaging experience, we require that you provide the following:
- All participants must have their own chair
- Projector or TV Screen
- Computer connected to the screen with HDMI/VGA connections
- We also work best when a whiteboard is available.
Staff participating in LGBTQIA+ inclusion training will receive a professional development certificate to certify training completion.
As the person making the booking, you’ll receive an LGBTQIA+ action kit, which includes a handy guide on what to do after your training.
A3: Foundations of LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Training
Gain the most comprehensive understanding of LGBTQIA+ identities, and the tools to build interpersonal and organisation-wide inclusion. Online LGBTQIA+ inclusion training delivery method available.More information
A1: Introduction to Gender and Sexuality Training 101
Be introduced to LGBTQIA+ identities, and lived experiences from the community with our most popular offering for workplaces and services. Empower your team with real-life inclusion scenarios and tools with our renowned LGBTQIA+ inclusion professional training.More information
A0: Online Virtual LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Training and Professional Development
Any of our renowned LGBTQIA+ professional training is available digitally. Live-stream and chat to our experienced facilitators – for remote workplaces and in-person teams anywhere in Australia.More information