Minus18 Foundation Ltd
ACN627 197 442
1. Your rights in relation to privacy
Minus18 Foundation Pty Ltd (Minus18) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information.
This policy sets out how Minus18 aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Minus18 and the way Minus18 collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, Minus18 complies with thePrivacy Act 1988(Cth) (Privacy Act), the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and all relevant Australian privacy laws.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
2. What kinds of personal information does Minus18 collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its products and/or services, Minus18 may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Minus18 collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address or other types of verification details;
- where you are acting on behalf of another entity (whether as an employee, director or other representative), details of that entity and your relationship with it;
- sensitive information, including health information and information about your racial identity, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and/or criminal record;
- any information relevant to the recruitment process, including sensitive information, where you are applying for a position with Minus18 and the information is relevant for your progress, or where you are an employee and the information is relevant to your employment with Minus18; and
- any other information required for Minus18’s functions and activities.
Minus18 confirms that although relevant financial information may be collected through verified and secure third parties (eg Paypal, Xero, Stripe and Eventbrite), Minus18 will not collect your financial details (eg bank account details) through these third parties.
In some circumstances Minus18 may also hold other personal information provided by you.
3. How does Minus18 collect personal information?
Generally, Minus18 collects your personal information directly from you, through the completion of a manual or online form via the ticketing platform and donation platforms, an interaction or exchange in person or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Minus18 website.
Generally, Minus18 will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
4. Why does Minus18 need your personal information?
Minus18 collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing Minus18’s services and products to you (or the organisation you represent) and all associated purposes including:
- to verify your identity and contact details; and
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
- enabling Minus18 to promote its products and services to you including upcoming events;
- assisting Minus18 to improve its products and services;
- notifying you of Minus18’s services and events;
- maintaining donor records;
- identifying and informing you of other products and services that may be of interest to you from Minus18 or selected third parties;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
- your employment with Minus18;
- accounting, billing, mail out of purchases and other internal administrative purposes;
- otherwise managing Minus18’s internal business operations and processes; and
- any other legal requirements.
Minus18 may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Minus18 to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented, or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Minus18 takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Minus18. However, without certain information from you, Minus18 may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
5. To whom does Minus18 disclose your personal information?
Minus18 discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Minus18 collects it. That is, generally, Minus18 will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in Minus18’s enterprise or assets;
- Minus18’s professional advisors, agents, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate;
- insurance providers;
- recruitment and labour hire agencies (as required); and
- regulatory bodies if and as necessary, including during audit processes.
Minus18’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis and/or otherwise in accordance with law. Minus18 may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
6. Overseas disclosures
Minus18 is not likely to disclose any personal information to overseas recipients.
7. Direct marketing
Minus18 may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to inform interested persons or entities of products and services offered by Minus18 or to facilitate business relationships.
Individuals can opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting Minus18 on the contact details set out in paragraph 11 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication.
8. Security of your personal information
Minus18 takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Minus18 holds personal information in electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only with the appropriate authentication keys and passwords by authorised staff.
Minus18 will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Minus18 is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
9. Can you access and correct the personal information that Minus18 holds about you?
Minus18 takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Minus18. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information Minus18 holds about you, or you would like more information on Minus18’s approach to privacy, please contact Minus18’s Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 11 below.
Minus18 will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Minus18 requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Minus18 may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Minus18 for providing access in accordance with your request.
Minus18 will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
When you are accessing Minus18’s website, Minus18 uses ‘cookies’ which are small pieces of information sent from the website and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies that Minus18 uses enable its systems to provide features of its services and allow you to visit its website without re-entering your username and/or password, personalize and improve your experience, and improve the functionality and user-friendliness of its services and monitor how its website is used through your computer.
This information is used by Minus18 to improve and tailor its website functionality and better understand how you interact with Minus18’s products and services and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on its website. You can modify your browser setting by editing your browser options to reject Minus18’s cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. However, if a browser does not accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, some portions of Minus18’s online services may not function properly.
11. How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact Minus18’s Privacy Compliance Officer via the contact us page.
12. Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to Minus18’s Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Minus18.
Minus18’s Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.