Join Our TeamOur Staff and Volunteer Crew are a dedicated bunch who support our events, resources and campaigns.
By joining the team at Minus18, everything you do will make a massive impact on the lives of LGBTIQ youth to feel confident and have fun.
We try to be as flexible as we can be, depending on the position, and like to have a lot of fun around our spaces.
Sound like something you're keen on? Check out the positions available below:
- Finance Intern.
- 1 day per week at Minus18 - Collingwood Office, Victoria.
- Works with the Donations and Relationships Coordinator.
- Build a self-sustaining non profit engine.
- Run and grow an online store.
- Find & Apply for grants.
- Support & elevate a crowdfunding campaign.
If you are between the ages of 18 - 26, currently enrolled in a Commerce/Economics Degree (or a related field) - with a passion for supporting LGBTIQ youth - then we're after you!
- Come into the Minus18 office once a week ( - )
- Work together with the Donations and Relationships Coordinator to increase the financial backing of Minus18 through initiatives such as Crowdfunding, Product Development, Grants, Donations & Online Store Management.
Want to learn the economics behind a non-profit? We’re on the hunt for a go getter to take part in operations across Donations, Grants, Online Store Management & Crowdfunding!
About the Role
Learn How to :
Have experience shooting photos or videos at events? Come support our mission and create something awesome with us.
Volunteer RequirementsEach position at Minus18 has its own requirements. Click through to check them out. Positions on staff have their own selection criteria.
When selecting our volunteers we're on the look out for people who:
- Are totally passionate about supporting LGBTI youth and ready to commit
- Can dedicated the required amount of time to complete the outlined tasks.
- Are between the ages of 16 and 29.
- Not afraid to show us their personality, roll up their sleeves and get involved.
How We WorkWe work in small teams to build programs that support LGBTIQ inclusion, specially in youth events, digital content creation, fundraising and workshop delivery. As part of the team, we:
- Work onsite at our Melbourne office during the week.
- Work online and stay connected through Google Apps and Facebook Groups.
- Try to touch base face to face at minimum once every 2 weeks.
- Work with energetic community minded people.
What You Get Out Of ItWe work hard to ensure all our volunteers get the most out of their time at Minus18. You'll get:
- The opportunity to build you networks and learn new skills
- To work in a dynamic team of other young queer professionals.
- Contribute to the largest community of LGBTIQ youth.
- Challenge yourself and build your confidence.
We aim to build a strong, diverse, and inclusive team. As part of this mission, we strongly encourage applications from all parts of the queer and gender spectrum and applications from people with a disability, people of colour, people who are neurodivergent, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Head of Youth
Head of Outreach
Social Media Team
Digital Marketing Coordinator